Monday, November 9, 2009

Fun Lil' Weekend...

We were in Utah this weekend and while there we hit BYU's Monte L. Bean Museum...
I LOVED this place (and the Dino museum, we hit that one too!!) as a kid. We came here a lot and where not much changes... it's a lot of fun. This was Jace's favorite exhibit... the elephant!
They both liked looking at the bears...

And yes that's my son going under the barriers so you won't touch the animals...



Look out, that hippo looks hungry!!

Macey lovin' the crispy oven fries her older siblings claim are just "too spicy!!"

While in UT I also was introduced to some fun music by my awesome sister Tracy. I already knew about Regina Spektor, but never heard her song Samson... Love it!!! New fav, it's on repeat in the car!

And Trace also introduced me to a knew face. Caroline Smith and the Good night Sleeps. LOVE THEM! I have only heard four songs, but "Tying my shoes", "Closing the doors", "Where has Sally gone?" and "Lack of Height" are also new favs. I've got them on constantly in the house!
So if you're looking for some fun new tunes, check them out and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Quela said...

You know that when you travel to Utah you're supposed to come visit us, right??

"M" Clan said...

Oh my goodness, you totally gave me the best flashback... thank you! Growing up our grandparents would take us weekly to the Bean Museum :) Your kids are always so excited about their adventures!!

Misti said...

How fun!!! Thanks for the new songs, I'll take a listen!!!

Abbie said...

You guys are always doing fun things!! I am going to buy those songs today, I love getting new music thank you so much!! See you tonight:)))