Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cheese Connoisseur...

A few weeks ago at Costco they were giving out samples of aged cheddar. Matt LOVES aged cheddar, but when he heard it was only aged 18 months, he was very skeptical... but he tasted and he liked it. Compares to the aged cheddar he is used to from Wisconsin. Now hold on, some of you who are new to the whole cheese world. 18 months is really nothing. What my family LOVES is...

Yes, that is 10 year old cheese! Cheese they make, let sit around for 10 years (the words Stinky Cheese take on a whole new meaning! I promise!!) then cut all the mold off of the outside of it and sell it. I just saw it online for $20.00 per pound. Well, my Grandpa Potocnik introduced Matt to this world and he's fallen in love. We even had them ship us some a few years back (that can only be done in the winter, or else the post office will refuse to deliver such smelly packages :)) And now, Matt seems to be passing on the love...


This is him just yesterday, eating 3 year old Boxer cheese from Australia we also were lucky enough to find at Costco on our way down to Utah for Thanksgiving. He honestly loves it. Just like his dad, he eats it with or without a cracker (most people prefer something to help get it down with) and than a big ole sip of ice cold Coke. I can't think of anything grosser personally, but...


He seems to really like it, and whatever makes him happy, well, that makes me happy!

8 comments:

valerie said...

That is so funny! I remember being at your house in Logan, a couple of days before Marin was born, and Brian and Matt were eating some sort of "aged" cheese. I just remember the awful smell!! =)

Quela said...

I hear those Wisconsinites really know their cheese.
You should have him try some Lindburger(sp). It's so nasty!!

A student midwife said...

Cheese makes me so happy too. Aren't we so lucky to have that good old Wisconsin blood in us?!

Chris said...

That's hilarious! I'm all about the aged Parmesan, but not so sure about the cheddar...
I bought the "flask" at the grocery store. It originally had maple syrup in it. We also sell bottles of the same shape with BBQ sauce in them at our store. Much funnier with hot chocolate though.

holly said...

just think- the stuff he'll eat when he's 14 is being made right now...

Rachel said...

I love cheese too! That looks yummy :)

The Manwarings said...

I have to admit, that does sound pretty tasty!

Sue said...

Hey, I think I might have something in my fridge that Matt might like- the kids always tell me that I need to clean it out alot sooner but hey "aged" cheese is a valuable commodity!