Friday, July 20, 2012

I haven't been back to Wisconsin in 6 1/2 years and we were due!   It was a great trip, lots of driving but lots of fun.  Wish I would have taken more pictures, I missed so much...

 First day we got to watch cousin Callie play in her t-ball game....


 We went swimming...



 This place was so fun, it had two big slides Marin and Jace could go down and they would let me take Macey down on my lap.  It was a huge success...


Ada and Macey doing Grandma's hair...

 Who goes to WI and not get cheese?  Not us, we got some fantastic Gouda which I like and some 7 and 12 YEAR old cheddar for Matt. (yes, that's years it's been sitting around 'aging', which is a fancy word for molding!!) 



 My Grandmother Berniece Potocnik, 84 years young...



 Grandma took the girls to Laurie's salon to get their hair done, can I just tell you they were in heaven!!!

 She did a Swedish braid in Marin's...
 and fishy tail piggy's for Mace...
 When my grandparents sold their farm they kept 1 acre and built a storeage shed which my grandmother is trying to go through, organize and get rid of stuff.  Good thing my kids came, she said they could take whatever they wanted and we ended up with lots of "treasures".  

We got to celebrate Ada's 4th birthday...

 What a big beautiful birthday girl...

 We had a little trouble lighting the candles thanks to the breeze, much to the disapointment of Ada, 
 but thankfully there was an empty pavilion near by and we got them to light!

 My Aunt Eileen came down to visit as well...

 Caleb really liked the park...







 Playing The Great Dalmudi and Melinda and Brocks...


After our first day of driving 11 hours, we decided to take a small detour and visit Devils Tower, just outside of Sundance, Wyoming...

 I think it's over 800 feet tall and people were climbing it, with ropes and gear.


 We opted to walk the 1.3 mile trail around it..








 I hate I didn't get the camera out at Tim and Nancy's dairy.  The kids watched them milk and also got to feed a 6 hour old calf which of course was the high light of the entire trip!

 Before we headed home we got to ride horses at Grandma Rice's in Utah... Can't believe it's the end of July and this is the FIRST time all summer my kids have gotten to ride.  Slow down Summer....



My sister Melinda and her kids came out to Utah as we were driving home so we got to spend the morning with them.  Awesome trip, really wish Matt could have come, (next time I guess!!) and now I am recovering! 

4 comments:

Jennie said...

What a fun trip! You are so good at keeping your blog updated.

Amy said...

You are a brave mom to do all that fun stuff by yourself....awesomeness

Rachel said...

How fun! I want to come next time!!

Misti said...

That looks so fun!! I love it! Now summer is over :( sick!