Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Official...








Well, she did it. Marin got her ears pierced! I always ask her when we go to the mall if she wants to get them pierced, and she always tells me, "Maybe when I'm 16." Or "Maybe when I'm 80." Putting off something she really wants because she's terrified of it! Well, while we were doing some Christmas shopping yesterday I asked her and she said, "Well, maybe when I'm 6." and I said, "Okay, but it sure would be fun to have them for Christmas." She thinks a minute and then looks at me and says, "Okay, let's do it!" I was like really? But she said yes so we went. There was only one girl working so she had to have them pierced one at a time and that did cause a bit of trouble. After getting her first one done, she jumped almost across the room and cried and cried. I felt like such a terrible mother, persuading her to do this. Well, after a minute, she calmed down, let the lady do her second ear as she squoze my fingers off and cried some more. But afterwards, she has just been in heaven. She keeps telling me she loves her earrings and every time she walks by a mirror or window, she tilts her head so she can admire them. She ran to her teacher at school today to show them off. She is quite pleased with herself and frankly, so am I!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Uh oh, bring on the boys!!

madfam said...

congrats on the ears...they look so pretty....Olivia had hers done at 6 months and Kati at 3 years old...i love earings!!!