Friday, December 5, 2008

So you know...

That sick feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you have lost something really important? Well, that's the feeling I had all day Wednesday. Every month, I carefully take out our car insurance money so we can pay it in full at the designated 6 month time period (Go Dave Ramsey, novel idea!) So I get the insurance bill, go get the cash I have stashed so I can go deposit it in the bank and mail my insurance coverage check. So Wednesday at about lunch time, I decide I better get everything together so I can drop Marin off at dance and then go run my errands with Jace and Macey. I can not find the insurance bill where I put all the cash to deposit. I start getting a little frantic, but I know it can only be in a few places. I check them all, at least 3 or 4 or 5 times. I can not find it! Matt helps me look for a good 45 mins when he's home for lunch and still nothing! I'm searching the car, every file folder we have, behind our dresser, in between the fridge and counter.... everywhere! I even went to the church (where I was for YW the night before!) just in case I somehow took it with me and left it there. I was sick, just sick about it! So I get pretty depressed and just feeling so sick about it. Do the other errands I had, come home and am just down in the dumps. Matt calls every so often to see if I've found it, which I have not. It was a crappy day. And then, my friend Misti tells me she lost some money once and it was because she'd put it in an envelope and then accidentally put that envelope back in the box. So I figure it can't hurt, so I go look... of course it's not there. But, my eye catches a glimpse of a black binder up by the envelope box, where I put all our bills to keep them organized and then when I have time, I sit down and pay them all. I realize I haven't even thought to look there. Well, I open it, and low and behold, there it is. The money I have been searching for! I was so grateful. Of course I'd offered a few teary prayers pleading to please help me find it. I promised to always do my visiting teaching every month, read my scriptures so much more and to really, earnestly pray daily. It was a good teaching experience for me and the kids. After I found it, they noticed a complete 360 degree turn around in their mom's mood. Basically, Christmas came early this year in the Montaño household!

1 comment:

Misti said...

I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog! So adorable! I am so happy you found that money!!!