Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MOAB!!!!

We went to Moab this past weekend for some family fun, but decided it would be more fun if we left Macey with Grandma and Grandpa Rice. So of course, this kids have to ride Sweetie...

Macey wasn't too thrilled about the 4-wheeler...


and get a ride on the motorcycle...

We love Sweetie!!

Our adventures in Moab begin!

This was at the new visitors center...

Our first hike, to just get our feet wet with!

I guess it's time for a new camera, I have no idea why half of my pics turned out like this (arg!)
This is Balancing Rock...

Hiking to the Windows....


The cousins! Regan, Baylee, Esi, Jace, Marin, Maya, Abby and Dakota!

The beautiful Delicate Arch. It was a 3 mile hike all around and worth every step!

Marin, Teah, Esi and Havi, so glad to have made it!

YEAH! We made it!!

It was such a good idea to not invite Macey on this trip. 3 miles is a bit much and we ended up carrying both Marin and Jace for a ways, but still, so worth it!



The next day we rented Jeeps and headed out to Canyonlands for some fun! None of the pictures I took gave what we did any justice at all! Let me just tell you, Elephants back is not for beginners!! We love that our Uncle Nate got this together and took us along! It was awesome! The kids (and mostly Matt) LOVED jeeping.



Yes, Jace was the ONLY boy cousin on this trip! I am just so glad his girly cousins aren't too girly and love to hike, get dirty, try to catch lizards (and collect sticks!) with him!

We jeeped to this trail head and hiked to where the Green and Colorado Rivers meet. I would say they need to be renamed to the Brown and the Muddy Rivers!!

We loved going back to the hotel and swimming after a hard days hiking and jeeping!


We loved Moab and weren't ready to come home yet! This is going to have to be an annual tradition!!

7 comments:

The Manwarings said...

Oh, what a fun trip!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun and I am soooo jealous!!!

Quela said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous! Moab is so fun! Especially jeeping. We usually go every year, but this year it's not looking too promising. I miss it. Looks like you had a blast.

holly said...

you got some great pictures, i think the pink your camera added just enhances the pictures :). thanks for getting the ball rolling on this trip, it was a LOT of fun!

Lisa said...

How fun. We've been through Moab several times on our way to Texas, but have never stopped and enjoyed it. Sound like we need to so and hike. LOVE the pictures and I'm sure ALL my boys would love jeeping! that's my dream car.

Rachel said...

How fun! We need to do that!

Misti said...

That looks like so much fun! Poor Jace is like Easton, always the only boy cousin! I am so glad you guys enjoyed your trip! It looks beautiful.

Abbie said...

That looks like so much fun!! I have never been there, I need to go. Looks like it was beautiful weather too, unlike here:)