Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Style Sense (or lack thereof)

So today my six year old explained to me she was "decorating". Guess my lack of maternal decorating instinct has been bothering her! This is what I found...

Now, not that I've been totally slacking. I have been using my time to tear out every single piece of drawer and shelf liner installed in the kitchen and every bathroom of this house. My raw fingers are the proof. I also have been painting all the hardware in the master bath and

main bath black...



And installing new door knobs for a few of the doors. So I'm not a total decorating slacker... but kind of! :) Yes the majority of my walls are bare, but I'm starting to care enough to start working on it! I'm just realizing I don't have a sense of style. ( Shocker I know! whatever, you've all seen how I dress!) I see something and I either like it or don't like it. You can't say I'm a "modern contemporary" or a "french country"... I'm a little of everything so that's how this house is going to (hopefully) look one day! Now, WHY did I not get black hardware for the kitchen cabinets when we replaced the hardware last fall? Because, I'm still evolving and realizing what I do and don't like!


Guess that's the next painting project (sniff sniff!!)

5 comments:

jenny said...

Oh I'm totally with you on the lack thereof! That's actually my goal for 2010 is to put forth some effort toward decorating. We'll see...

"M" Clan said...

you have been VERY busy, Marin's just a big helper :) She placed everything so carefully...I LOVE IT! You & Matt have such a great little family, I look forward to years of watching the fun!!

Abbie said...

You dress so cute I do not want to hear another word about that!! Your beautiful! And I'm lovin the house... Tell Marin we need a little help here at college, with our poster wall and everything:)

valerie said...

I'm embarrassed that my daughter has more style than me! =( I love that Marin was trying to help. So cute!

Misti said...

That really is so cute!!!! Marin... LOVING the black, seriously, add's alot! You are crazy, you just worry too much, you are making it adorable!