Tuesday, October 6, 2009

26.2.... The Wait is Over!

This past weekend the Cannon and Montaño families headed to St George for the 33rd St George Marathon! We stayed in a condo and the kids had a blast!

Then, early Saturday morning Jennie and I ran our little hearts out. We are SO glad to have this behind us. The training all summer got extremely old and tiring, but I know we were so glad to have made it! To have done it! And to NEVER do it again!!
See Jennie's big smile? She's almost done and knows she never has to go through this ridiculous pain ever again!!

We have the best fans! Our families are so wonderful to come and support us. Waiting around for 4 hours just to see a glimpse of us barely running by is a lot to ask.


The mighty finishers! We finished a minute a part. My time was 4:18 (yes, that's 4 hours and 18 minutes for those of you who don't know how long it takes to run 26 miles and change!!) and Jennie 4:19. I was SO SORE right after. I really could barely walk. I hobbled around the rest of Saturday and Sunday and have it solidified in my mind...

my body was not meant to run 26.2 miles. Glad to say I've run two marathons in my life and even gladder to say I'll stay active by running half's, 13.1 miles is so much more enjoyable!! Thanks everyone that cheered us on, took pictures and were always asking how the training was going. The anticipation is over!!!! It's done!! NOW, I can truly relax and enjoy fall, er I guess we're heading straight into winter here in Idaho!

Jennie's brother in law Scott ran the marathon as well. It was his first and he ran in 3 hours and 42 mins. AMAZING! Glad to hear he's joined the "never again" club as well!


My birthday was last Wed. I am in the last of the 20's. I turned 29 on Sept 30th and the kids gave me a birthday bash since Matt had to run to Wyoming... Macey really enjoyed the cake!

Jace and Marin tried to be good all day saying, "Don't whine, it's mom's birthday!" I love my family, they make me feel special and know how to take care of me. Matt even remembered it was my birthday the day BEFORE and went and got me a gift! That is AMAZING and very much appreciated!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

There are no words to describe how happy I am to be finished with this marathon. The anticipation was almost worse than when your going to have a baby! Too bad when you run a marathon all you get is a medal. I think we should have like a little sign over our us or on our backs that says that we have run marathons!

valerie said...

Congratulations on the marathon and Happy Birthday! I forgot that our birthdays are one day apart. Unfortunately I said goodbye to my 20s two years ago. Next time you are in town, give us a call, we would love to see you guys!

Quela said...

Happy Birthday!! and nice job on the marathon! I could never do that...never. I hate running.

Rachel said...

Congrats!! Isn't it a fun feeling when you are done and tell yourself that you will NEVER run another marathon?!! It's funny, I said that the first 2 I ran and then this one, I said it again and I'm pretty serious about it! I'm happy for you! Good job! We'll have to get together for some halfs sometime.

holly said...

Congrats, Christa! Dang good job on the marathon, nice time, too. You do deserve a little sign over you that says you ran a marathon!
Happy birthday, too. Glad your cute family made it a good one for you.

Lisa said...

AWESOME...that is the only word that can describe what you did!!! I think I'll join you in the half marathon club...maybe. Maybe I should start in the 1 mile club.

Abbie said...

You girls are absolutely AMAZING!!!! I could not or will not ever run a full marathon... thats too many hours to be running for a normal human. Maybe now that you girls will be doing half marathons we could all train together!? I'm not sure if I could keep up with you two tho.. great work I'm so proud of you for doing that and so fast too!!